One of my favorite things to do is help others refresh or rearrange a space. Sometimes a room looses its luster. Rugs wear out, curtains fade, photos become outdated. A once loved space can start to feel drab and unexciting, especially if you've spent a lot of time in it, which is probably the case for most of us after the last year. The good news is, it doesn't take much effort to create a fresh new vibe you love.
Recently, I helped a client update her front porch to invite positive new energy into her home. We also worked on her living room after purchasing a new sofa. You can see the transformation in the videos below, and watch her progress over the upcoming weeks in my Facebook group "Feng Shui Michele" click here to follow.
Have a room of your own to update? Start by deciding how you will use the space. This will determine furniture needs, as well as lighting and wall color.
Second, think about how you want the room to feel. Is this an area you will be working in, playing in, or relaxing in? Next, consider one or all of the following.
1. Give the space a deep cleaning. This always makes a difference. Clean windows, curtains, rugs, and closets.
2. Rearrange or update your furniture. Shop your home for pieces you can move around for a new look, or update items that are worn out or no longer excite you. This is one of my favorite things to do with clients and saves you money!
3. Keep photos current and surround yourself with things you love.
4. Care for your plants. Plants require fresh soil, trimming, and fertilizer. I recommend repotting overgrown plants and giving them fresh, nutrient-filled soil at least once a year.
5. Give the walls a fresh coat of paint. Maybe it's time for a new color. Unless you plan to sell your home soon, don't worry about trendy colors. Your home should reflect your own style so be creative.
6 Create a balanced look with colors (light/dark), as well as shapes and sizes (tall/short, light/heavy). Click here to read more tips on color.
As always, if you need help, I'm available. Virtual appointments or in-person. Call me today to discuss all services and see what's right for you!